- Remote DBA
- Disaster Recovery
- Migration Services
- Request Info
- DBMS Courses
- Request Info
- Tech Articles
- Version Info
- Ask SCI's Experts
|SENIOR RDB DBA|
Software Concepts International LLC (SCI), a world wide leader in database and systems management and migration is seeking a highly motivated individual to join its Oracle Rdb and CODASYL DBMS Managed Services Division. Come join our team of world-class database and system administrators located in Nashua, New Hampshire.
Responsibilities include: monitoring all database administration jobs for exceptions; taking a self-directed, technical leadership role in analyzing and resolving issues affecting database performance or availability; and being available for on-call duties for mission-critical environments.
The Senior DBA will also assist with developing new tools and enhancing existing tools to manage, monitor and maintain Rdb and DBMS databases in an OpenVMS environment.
· 5+ years experience as a DBA of Oracle Rdb databases.
· Must demonstrate strong database administration skills in Oracle Rdb, with an in-depth understanding of “how Rdb works”.
· Extensive knowledge of Oracle Rdb including but not limited to configuration, management, security and SQL/services and JDBC configuration.
· Strong knowledge of OpenVMS systems and management.
· Fluent with DCL programming and troubleshooting.
· Excellent trouble-shooting/problem-solving skills for complex issues. The ability to visualize problems, identify likely causes and develop effective solutions.
· Demonstrate proficient software engineering (development) skills -- specifically related to the development of system-management tools for Rdb, DBMS and VMS environments.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in a professional manner, with customers and co-workers.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Positive attitude and demeanor.
· Highly motivated, with a proven track-record of being self-directed.
· Bachelors degree in technical area OR technical training equivalent.
· US Citizen or permanent US resident.
To apply, email resume and salary history or mail it to:
Software Concepts International, LLC